Why we can’t stop talking about these Niagara Venues
Gorgeous Photos at Niagara’s Wedding Venues:
When it comes to venues we hear that need for an insider-perspective, so we’re here with of our favourite wedding venues in the Niagara Region! Here are 10 indoor and outdoor wedding venues in Niagara to help you find exactly what you need during your wedding planning process.
We might be biased but, when it comes to memorable wedding settings, Niagara just doesn’t quit. Vineyards, sunsets, escarpment, waterside views, historical character… Niagara, you deliver it all.
How to Choose Your Wedding Venue (And feel great about it):
You’ve heard it from a million people now – book your wedding venue right away, they fill up fast! So, you’ve been searching for a wedding venue that will be the perfect setting for your wedding day (while feeling a bit of that pressure to act quickly).
The problem is that finding your ideal wedding venue can feel really overwhelming – there are so many options, you don’t have limitless time to visit them all, and you often have to book your wedding venue before you’ve organized all the other details of your wedding. Gah, stress! (Right!?).
Wrong! Remember – we don’t play the wedding-stress game at Morning Light. We find that when our clients have the help and support they deserve (without that scarcity voice saying, “hurry up, you’re going to miss the boat if you don’t cross everything off your list today”), then they actually end up making great decisions, more quickly, and without a stress headache afterwards.
As wedding photographers, our highest goal is to take beautiful photos – the kind of photos that will light you up with joy when you see them for the first time and still make you feel the love and romance you felt on your wedding day ten years later. We also know that in order to do this, you need to feel blissfully calm and comfortable in the environment you spend your wedding day in. That’s why we also take it upon ourselves as photographers to help you with other aspects of your wedding day, like helping you form a timeline and also providing you with recommendations when you have big decisions to make. Great pictures start with feeling great, so without further ado, let’s take a look inside five of Niagara’s best locations to help you feel incandescently happy on your wedding day.
So, in the spirit of having fun and staying curious, let’s explore more of Niagara’s gorgeous wedding venue options.
Here’s a summary of the locations we’re going to cover in this blog:
Indoor & Outdoor Wedding Venues in Niagara
- Queen’s Landing
- Club Roma
- Riverbend Inn and Vineyard
- Hernder Estate Winery
- Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery
- Pillar & Post
- Inn On The Twenty
- The Gate House
- Balls Falls
- Stonewall Estates
- Chateau Des Charmes
- White Oaks Resort & Spa
“But wait, you’re photographers right?”
Yes, you’re very correct, we’re photographers who also love to help you find the answers you need to plan your wedding. After being actively involved in the wedding industry for over six years, photographing over 120 couples’ wedding days, we have a lot of advice to share to make your wedding planning journey easy and even fun.
Since photography relates a lot to your wedding day schedule, and the setting of where your photos are taken, we’ve curated five more spectacular wedding venues in Niagara that we love shooting at (see our first five here).
What to Look for in a Niagara Wedding Venue:
Here are the most important things to ask yourself, and the venue coordinator when you’re researching wedding venues:
- Can this venue accommodate the number of guests on my list?
- Does it fit the vibe I want for my wedding decor, and the wedding photos I want to receive?
- Do you want a blank canvas to decorate yourself, or do you want a venue that offers loads of charm and decor on its own, so you don’t have to worry about it?
- What locations in the venue are best suited for photos? (Decor and lighting are key here)
- If the venue offers outdoor space for roaming and photography, ask where the sunset would be in the evening? (We want that golden-hour light!)
- Is on-site catering available for dinner, or will I need to bring in a caterer? Or is outside catering allowed?
- Do you want to have on-site accommodations available for your out of town guests? (This is common if you expect to have a large number of guests travelling to your wedding)
- How do you want your guests to spend time in between the ceremony and reception?
- Do you want them to be in one place without travelling between locations?
- Do you want to offer a cocktail reception after the ceremony?
- Do you want them to walk around the corner and find a downtown core full of shopping and restaurants?
- Or do you want natural scenery for guests to wander through and enjoy?
- Do you have your heart set on indoor or outdoor settings? For example, a church ceremony or an outdoor ceremony? A hall-reception or under the stars?
- If you’re looking for outdoor options, always make sure you know what the venue’s rain policy is
- What key features of your wedding day do you need a venue to accommodate? For example:
- A dance floor
- An area for a live band or DJ
- A bridal suite to get ready in
- A private spot to hold your first-look as a couple
This list might seem overwhelming, but honestly, your gut will tell you the answer to most of these things. When you go to visit, can you see yourself getting ready in front of that big, gold mirror? Can you see yourself walking down that aisle? Do you see where your nieces and nephews will play hide and seek in the gardens?
When it feels right, you just know – just like with your fiancé, your wedding dress, or finding your new home. We’re already so excited for you to have “that moment” when you know you’ve found your perfect wedding venue.
11 Niagara Wedding Venues that Will Make You Swoon:
Address: 155 Byron Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Seating Capacity: Can seat between 48 – 300 guests (see four different event space options below)
Photo Opportunities Nearby: The biggest feature is their rock garden space. It’s a stunning landscape which includes a waterfall, pond and gazebo.
Catering: On-site chef and culinary team
Photographing Your Wedding at Queen’s Landing:
Vintage Hotels has done it again with their enchanting venue, “Queen’s Landing.” You’ll enjoy your wedding in that ballroom-glow of ornate gold accents and crystal chandeliers. Queen’s Landing is a breathtaking lakeside Georgian Mansion overlooking the Niagara River. If you’re searching for a venue that offers fairytale-level elegance and tons of character, you must add Queen’s Landing to your list. You and your guests will bask in the best of Niagara’s natural scenery while also enjoying an elevated wedding day experience in one of their four romantic event spaces:
- The Imperial Ballroom: This ballroom will wow your guests with its elegant gold accents and chandeliers dripping with crystals. You’ll feel like a princess in glass slippers walking in to join your guests for an evening of elegance. This room seats 120 guests.
- The Georgian Ballroom: This ballroom is the largest indoor wedding space at Queen’s Landing, able to host up to 250 guests. Your large wedding will feel magically intimate in this elegant space – we’re always dazzled by their handcrafted chandeliers and golden drapery. Your reception photos will have that warm, romantic glow perfect for an evening celebration.
- The Atrium: Any Jane Austen fans out there? In this venue, you’ll truly feel like you’ve found your Mr. Darcy. lf you’re planning an intimate wedding of your closest friends and family, we would recommend the Atrium, seating up to 48 guests. You’ll walk in to your wedding guests through a set of french doors, swaying past ornate mirrors and an opulent chandelier to meet the love of your life at the end of the aisle. Photos are always wonderful in here because of the large windows letting in lots of gorgeous daylight!
- The Waterview Garden: This is the outdoor ceremony space offered by Queen’s Landing, accommodating up to 300 guests. Say your vows beneath a stunning pergola, decorated in gorgeous drapery and romantic floral arrangements. Past a row of tall trees you’ll see the Niagara River bringing a stunning waterfront feel to your elegant wedding day. Your summer wedding here will result in tons of breathtaking photos.
Address: 125 Vansickle Road, St. Catharines
Seating Capacity: 20-500
Photo Opportunities Nearby: The Commons, Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake, parks, vineyards
Catering: Available (onsite culinary team)
Photographing Your Wedding at Club Roma:
Many couples have had their hearts set on Club Roma since they were young, whether they attended other family weddings there, or have had the unforgettable experience of dancing underneath that starlight ballroom sky. There are so many great reasons to have your wedding at Club Roma, from their amazing italian cooking, their large guest number capacity, to their extraordinary event spaces. We love capturing photos with their sparkling crystal chandeliers, and twinkling skylights. Many people don’t realize that they also offer a gorgeous outdoor pavilion, with manicured gardens, and majestic trees that form a canopy over the ceremony space.
You can capture the exact feeling you want for your wedding day by choosing one of their four wedding venue spaces:
- The Gemini Ballroom: A great space to gather your friends and family for a night to remember! At the glamorously decorated head table, you’ll feel like the Queen and King of the castle. The draped ceiling swag creates a classic canopy effect that looks great in photos as well. Seats up to 500 guests.
- The Starlight Ballroom: You’ll feel like the belle of the ball walking in beneath the starlit ceiling and shimmering decor to compliment. First dance photos are always gorgeous here with the romantic dim lighting underneath the starry sky-ceiling. Seats up to 200 guests.
- Garden Pavilion: Have the summer wedding you’ve always dreamed of in this natural oasis. Ceremony photography looks gorgeous out here with trees, gardens, and a grecian pillar archway at the end of a grand aisle.
- Anziani Room: Modern elegance meets traditional italian style. We love this intimate little space bursting with so much natural light for your photos. Seats between 10 – 90 people.
Riverbend Inn & Vineyard
Address: 16104 Niagara River Parkway, Niagara-On-The-Lake
Seating Capacity: 2-50
Photo Opportunities Nearby: The onsite property is perfect for photos, along with the commons, Navy Hall, and Old Town in Niagara on the lake.
Catering: Farm-to-table, led by seasonal ingredients grown onsite
On this peaceful, historic property in Niagara-on-the-Lake sits a Georgian-style inn (think “vintage mansion” meets “modern farmhouse”). We love this building, from the clean-cut lines of the neutral building, to breathtaking landscapes, to 17-acres of vineyard, you’ll have a plethora of photo opportunities from afternoon until sunset. With onsite accommodations for your out-of-town guests, the Riverbend Inn and Vineyard is a quaint, scenic spot for your countryside wedding. P.S. While a lot of people think to book summer weddings here, we love visiting Riverbend in the fall and winter as well, if you want to bring some old-fashioned Georgian Christmas-vibes to your wedding.
Hernder Estate Winery
Address: 1607 Eight Avenue Louth, St. Catharines
Seating Capacity: 2-300
Photo Opportunities Nearby: Inside the victorian barn, outdoors on the lawn in front of a pond, or in the vineyards.
Catering: On-site chef and culinary team
Photographing Your Wedding At Hernder Estate Winery:
Whether your wedding is an elopement with just you and your fiancee, or you want to invite 299 of your favourite people, Hernder is a great option to customize your wedding. With options ranging from rustic elegance in a barn setting or outdoors in front of a pond, or stone patio, you’re sure to find the perfect spot for your union at Herdner. One particular reason couples love getting married at a Herdner is that it’s a one-stop-shop for your wedding needs. Packages include DJ’s, linens and chairs, and they are happy to help you with coordinating your floral arrangements and officiant.
This gorgeous property offers many backdrops for wedding photos; both refined elegance and crafty DIY show up beautifully in photos. We love the contrast of a flowy white dress in front of the stone and wood featured on site.
Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery
Address: 1366 York Rd St. Davids, ON L0S 1P0
Seating: from 10-60 in the Barrel Cellar, and up to 300 in the Event Centre
Photo Opportunities Nearby: St. David’s cityscape, the south escarpment, 34-acre vineyards
Catering: Available (and incredible!)
How could this gorgeous location not be on our list of favourites? Some of the best sunset photos have taken place in this incredible 34-acre vineyard near the southern escarpment in St. David’s. Ravine has expertly integrated natural scenery and their 150 years of agricultural heritage with their spectacular venues. Like many wineries in Niagara, along with the gorgeous landscape, you can count on the food being of top quality. Ravine takes it a step further by growing many fruits and vegetables in their organic gardens, which are cultivated in partnership with their on-site beehives and honey program. Planning a wedding at Ravine means you will truly taste the best of Niagara.
Ravine should definitely be on your list of places to visit and when you do, be sure to check out the outdoor space where you can hold your ceremony overlooking the chardonnay vineyards. If your reception is after 2 p.m., you’ll get wonderful outdoor lighting that will only get more flattering as the day goes on. For your reception, the Barrel Cellar gives the perfect backdrop for a gothic romance with dim lighting that is a perfect match for candles and floral greenery. Hosting your reception in the Barrel Cellar is a great idea for couples who love the interplay between wine and food, as you’ll be seated with a view of their ageing wine and charcuterie!
With a wedding at Ravine, your photos can feature:
- Sunset photos in the vineyard
- Vast green backgrounds set against the escarpment
- The sleek elegance of windowed venues
- White background of their colonial-style farmhouse
The Pillar & Post
Address: 48 John Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- The Secord Room – 24
- The Upper Canada Hall Ballroom – 192
Photo Opportunities Nearby: The Commons, Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake, parks, vineyards
Catering: Available (onsite culinary team)
Old town Niagara-on-the-Lake charm meets Tuscan vineyard-inspired design. You’ve likely gotten this recommendation multiple times since getting engaged. It’s well known and widely recommended for good reason. This historic, multi-award winning resort in Niagara-on-the-Lake provides you with an abundance of accommodations and amenities: an indoor and outdoor spa, hotel rooms for guests, catering, fine dining, patios, amazing staff and an extraordinary property for photos and exploring. When it comes to wedding planning, you will get access to their curated vendor list as well as your choice of four spaces for rehearsal dinners, bridal suites, ceremony and reception: the Olde Library and Gallery, the Upper Canada Hall Ballroom, the Secord Room or the Courtyard Rose Garden.
With a wedding at The Pillar and Post, your photos can feature:
- Dark wooden beams and twinkle lights
- Gold-framed mirrors
- Colonial style architecture with tall windows
- Dark brick exterior with luscious green vines
- Indoor and outdoor options
The Inn On The Twenty
Address: 3845 Main Street, Jordan
Seating Capacity: Up to 140 people
Photo Opportunities Nearby: Stone buildings on the mainstreet city scape, the Jordan Heritage School House, Ball’s Falls, vineyards
Catering: Yes (On site culinary team)
Along a charming downtown cityscape of Jordan Village, you’ll find another one of Vintage Hotel’s masterpieces, Inn on the Twenty. Amidst gorgeous heritage homes, grey stone buildings and the kind of tall black street lamps that make you feel like you’re in the musical La La Land, you can also enjoy the convenience of Inn on the Twenty’s hotel accommodations, full-service spa, and prestigious Inn on the Twenty Restaurant. Inn on the Twenty offers four unique reception spaces that can accommodate your style and needs, especially with their curated list of vendors and wedding specialists. With your wedding at Inn on the Twenty, you get the best of Niagara’s wine country as well as the quaint heritage of Jordan Village.
Your photos can feature:
- The lush green forest areas and waterfalls of Ball’s Falls
- Stunning vineyard landscapes
- Jordan Hollow lookout point at the Jordan Museum
- The charming textures of old stone buildings and old-town sophistication
- Well kept gardens with a fountain and a stunning vine-covered archway
- Glowing lights of lamp posts and regal colonial buildings
Balls Falls Conservation Area
Address: 3292 Sixth Avenue, Lincoln
Seating Capacity: Largest indoor venue holds 190 people
Photo Opportunities: Vintage buildings, green space of the escarpment, two waterfalls, cityscape of Jordan Village nearby, vineyards nearby
Catering: Not available – bring your own caterer
A true classic. Think Anne of Green Gables meets enchanted forest. This historic village from the 1800s is perfectly nestled in the forest, hiking trails and two unforgettable waterfalls of the Niagara Escarpment. Ball’s Falls provides you with equally stunning venue space inside and outside. Floral archways, rustic lanterns and flowing tulle look amazing in an outdoor ceremony with a forest backdrop. Or you may be enchanted by their historic white chapel with dark green accents where you can hold a quaint traditional ceremony. For your reception, you can choose from two indoor spaces depending on your style – an elegantly rustic barn with high beams and twinkle lights, or the large-windowed, modern space of the “Glen Elgin Room.” There’s also a sophisticated bridal suite to get ready in, that is perfect for light and airy photos. There’s plenty to do in Ball’s Falls and nearby for guests to entertain themselves between the ceremony and reception so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Your photos can feature:
- The ethereal mix of forest and waterfalls
- The quaint heritage village views of a time long passed
- Rustic elegance in the Big Barn
- The classy cityscape of nearby Jordan Village
The Gate House
Location: 142 Queen Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake
Seating Capacity: Up to 140 guests
Photo Opportunities Nearby: Old Town Niagara-on-the-Lake,
Catering: Exclusive (and amazing) catering through Treadwell Farm to Table Restaurant
This is an unforgettable space of open, airy elegance. The modern spin on a heritage classic has created something simply magical. The Gate House is one of Niagara’s newest wedding venue spaces, since opening up in Spring 2019. It’s been such a pleasure getting familiar with this new Niagara gem. The Gate House has been remodelled to incorporate aspects of its original architecture and design from the 1700s and has a patio that overlooks charming Queen Street. With white walls, this space provides an incredible canvas for the creative wedding visionaries – unique floral creations, trendy tablescapes and modern sleek design elements. This venue has partnered with the 124 on Queen Hotel and Spa to provide you and your guests with convenient, luxurious accommodations. When you hold your wedding at The Gate House you’ll have all the stunning features of modern elegance at your fingertips.
Your photos can feature:
- Light and open interior spaces with white walls and tall windows
- Trendy gold wall art and light fixtures
- The lively, heritage cityscape of Queen Street
- Historical sites and buildings around Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Close to many parks and vineyards for a green settings as well
Location: 4209 Eleventh St, St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P9
Seating Capacity: Up to 190 guests
Photo Opportunities Nearby: Stonewall has beautiful spots all over the venue with the vineyards and lake as the background to your wedding portraits. It has everything you need with an on-site ceremony, a bridal cottage for getting ready, rustic barn for your reception, and chandelier gardens.
Catering: Not available. You’ll need to bring in your own caterer.
Château des Charmes
Location: 1025 York Rd, St. Davids, ON L0S 1P0 6P9
Seating Capacity: The Vineyard Courtyard can accommodate up to 250 guests or more than 300 guests if hired for exclusive use.
Photo Opportunities Nearby: Chateau Des Charmes has so many beautiful spots for photos on site. From the getting ready rooms up stairs to in front of the venue or in the vineyards as sun is setting. It is easily one of the most picture perfect settings for wedding photos in Niagara.
Catering: Available (onsite culinary team).
Time and time again, we have an amazing experience photographing weddings at Château des Charmes. Being a Niagara based wedding photography company, we visit quite a few venues throughout the year and this location is just phenomenal.
We love shooting at their gorgeous ceremony spot, the sunset photos create lifetime memories, the staff is organized, friendly & communicative, their food is delicious and this venue really gives off a timeless, elegant vibe. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look for yourself.
We love when we have weddings at this venue and get to work with the incredible staff, our clients always leave with amazing, long lasting memories.
Maybe you’ve noticed a recurring theme in our blogs. We love to compile what we’ve learned in our years in the wedding industry to help make the process of planning a wedding as easy and enjoyable as possible. When you trust your vendors, love your location and feel good about your choices, how could you not have the most wonderful wedding day?!
When you pick one of these five Niagara gems to host your wedding, you can’t go wrong. All of these venues allow you to customize details to your unique taste, and it’s part of why they made the list. Your love story is unlike any other, and your wedding day should represent that.
If you’re wanting to know more about what it’s like to have us photograph your wedding day you can book a meet and greet right here. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Non Affiliation Disclaimer: Morning Light Photography is not being compensated by the venues on this list. We just want to share the amazing experiences we’ve had at these venues so our clients can be supported with first-hand recommendations along their wedding planning journey.
Share this story